Saturday, June 30, 2007

Anyone else hate it when the offspring use up all the downloads and you are left with dial up????

Its SOOOOO SLOW!!!!!

So life goes on, even without *sigh* internet. Knitting happens (I will tempt fate and post pics here somewhere) and in Sydney at least, the Stitches and Craft Show happens, three days from the end of the fiscal fasting. So I officially called 29 June the end of the month and went shopping. More judiciously than in previous years, used only cash (I'll say that again, only saved up cash - no credit, all you who know me well, be amazed) and so stayed within budged.

With the not spending in June I have learned something I used to know a long time ago, I spend too much in a casual manner. Not any more baby, I resolve to continue the very good habits fostered by the Not Shopping Sherpa, although I am not nearly as good as her at this game, and see just how much cash is available for my grand (dream) holiday in the Northern Hemisphere in three years time ....... mmmm real autumn, real snowy Christmas, real frozen northern spring.

What I have done this morning was find a scarf for my daughter, and in doing so was every so slightly appalled at the number of scarves/shawls I have accumulated over the last few years, so I took photos (isn't that everyone's first response to all that yarny goodness?). But that's only part of the story. In the second box is a whole layer of tartan scarves some even from the Hebrides. Last count, including hand painted (by my mum) and tartan is .... drum roll ..... 32 hand knitted scarves, 6 shawls and 1 almost ready to knit the edging, 19 bought tartan/silk etc. I think I should be working on giving more lovely things away.

Thing is its just not that cold in Sydney to need such warmth, at least not if you are in a house snug and warm at night, so I know a lovely Anglicare lady who will find good homes for some of the things I have accumulated (did someone say obsessive/compulsive disorder).

Now for the real challange to the internet first to post the text and then to try uploading photos ...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:19 pm, July 01, 2007, Blogger AMCSviatko said...

Just remember there's only one of me :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home