Saturday, April 19, 2008




A very simple joy was reinstated for a while this morning. The ex rang me and during the course of the conversation he pointed out to me that I had been quiet this week. I had no idea what he was talking about and it must have come through in my voice, so he very kindly reminded me that my footy team had ended his footy team's 14 match losing streak. It made me happy to have someone to talk football to, but sad, because I did not know anything beyond the result, because I did not really follow the comp any more. Kind of bittersweet really.

Anyhoo, the week at work has been good. The boss returned from Portugal (and brought pressies), very jet lagged, but having presented a paper and met with colleagues from around the world she was on a high. None of the patients are playing up at present, which meant it was really smooth sailing.

The off spring are all behaving, and winter cricket has started up again, which means its quiet on a weekend as the games are miles away, and the boys have to leave early to get there. Last night there were two ring-ins staying over in order to be out of the house in good time to set up the field and play. At least if they are burning up energy playing sport in the great outdoors, they are too bloody tired to get up to mischief on a Saturday night.

It's been raining quite heavily this week, and I will be out doing a bit of spring garden preparation. I have bought bulbs, another thing I never did when the boyo was here, as I want to plant them in the lawn. Its dormant now for the next four or so months, and come spring there will be (hopefully) soft long grass, and daffodils and all kinds of other flowers popping up their pretty heads. If this happens no doubt I will post pictures.

The dogs are wrestling, and crashing into the walls of the verandah. You would think with a large back yard they would play on the grass, but no, it gets more attention from mum & grandma if they play right up at the house. bloody dogs!


How could I be mad at those faces??





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home