Sunday, July 20, 2008

Recipe

My favourite recipe (all vegetarians please leave now, I can't help it, sometimes I eat lamb) *drool*.

Lamb in the French Manner, Robert Carrier, specialty of the little French town of Aux-en-Provence. Also famous as the birth town of Blessed Eugine de Mazenod, founder of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, and spiritual leader of the youth of France! (thus neatly tying in the photos of food, and pilgrims following).



(yes, there is some French port, and a Calvin Kline CK mug on my sink for atmosphere - vive Francois)

Leg of Lamb, 1-2 cloves of garlic, Rosemary leaves, lemon, butter, salt and pepper,

Slice the garlic into slivers and with a sharp point knife, insert pieces into the lamb. combine crushed rosemary leaves, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Spread lamb with mixture and place on a rack in an open roasting pan. Roast meat uncovered in a preheated hot oven for 20 minutes, reducing the head to ow for 20minutes per 500gms, or until done as you like it.

Subtle, and tres manifeeec (yep I speak French).

Serve with a good Chateau something, and Greek potatoes (which is a receipe for another day)

All the fresh garden ingredients for this recipe come from my garden, still a little sleepy as its winter, but very good for rosemary and other herbs all year round.



**************************************************************************

And then, the other half of the story, Saturday, I helped feed breakfast to 750 pilgrims at the local school. There is one photo of kids from New Caledonia (which is as close to France as I could get), but there were kids from Canada, the States, several pacific islands, Korea, Africa (Malawai - these ones spoke French too), and priests and nuns as well.

I have only included 2 photos, the second is a pilgrim who thought winter in Sydney would be like winter in Florida, and brought thongs (flip flops). He persevered though and put them on with socks! (all mothers sigh here, kids!!!!!)



The one in the Sydney Swans gear is a nun (no photo, sorry sister), this is one small reason why vocations in Australia fall, no one knows, from either your demeanor or dress, that you have dedicated your life to God.

3 Comments:

At 1:25 pm, July 22, 2008, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks for this lip-smacking recipe. I am intrigued by the nun in Swans gear as I am a swannies fan myself. At least there's never a problem in Australia with telling from someone's dress and demeanor that they've dedicated their life to the Swans!

 
At 1:40 am, July 23, 2008, Blogger knitseashore said...

Though I live in the US, I'd chose the Swans too!

 
At 5:01 am, July 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not much of a meat eater, but your recipe does sound delicious, and I'm loving your dragon shawl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home