Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday, what's on your desk?

Yep, that's an ice cream soda. Just call me a kid, and get over it. Full strength ice cream, real sugar (not diet) creaming soda. Yum! Posed artfully is the scarf I crocheted from the batt of fibre you sent me Kathleen. Its come up rather lovely, even if I say so myself. At about 2feet long, its plenty long enough to tuck round my neck twice, with the ends poked into the collar of a coat, very cosy.

The dragon shawl progresses. I am up to row 250, which is the crest of the dragon and the wing tips. Next comes some open net type stitches and the border. Should be finished by about 10th August, but certainly in time to wear to The Heidi's Wedding in October.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:44 pm, August 01, 2008, Blogger Catherine said...

September 21, actually.

 
At 10:41 pm, August 01, 2008, Blogger Kathleen said...

The fibre turned into a lovely scarf. It even matches your soda :)

I'm so glad I picked it up and that it turn out to be enough to actually make something. I was worried abou that.

 
At 3:07 am, August 03, 2008, Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Yummy! Full strength is the only way to go!

 
At 1:55 pm, August 09, 2008, Blogger TinkingBell said...

Yummy - nothing like a proper spider - yum! (but ice cream soda or sarsparilla spiders are the best!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home