Friday, July 27, 2007

My daughter (also Kat) loves reading the mags here at work. In the Delicious March 2007 issue she found the following receipe, which she cooked for me last night. Its truly sad that only she and I like blue cheese, so she only cooked one pizza, but we polished it off between us. No photo, but I know she took one and eventually it will end up on her flikr page, where I will scoop it and add it here.

Maple-glazed pumpkin & blue cheese pizza (vegetarian)

500gm Jap pumpkin
1 tsp each chilli flakes (had these) and cumin seeds (substituted curry powder)
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
1/4 cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
2 pizza bases
100gms grated mozzarella
100mg mild blue cheese (I used Mainland creamy blue) crumbled
100gm rocked leaves
1 tbls balsamic vinegar

heat oven to 200 C, grease baking tray.
Cut the pumpkin into 1.5cm slices. Spread on baking try, rub with the chilli, cumin oil and syrup, season with salt pepper if desired (we did not add salt/pepper) and roast for 10 minutes.
place pizza bases on large baking tray and scatter with the mozarella, cook until cheese is bubbling and bases are crisp.
Place pumpkin slices on the bases (reserving pan juices), scatter with blue cheese and return to oven for 2/3 minutes.
Scatter with rocket.
Stir the balsamic into the pumpkin roasting juices and drizzle a little over the pizzas before serving.

Delicious always has something in it I want to try, sometimes I even buy a copy for me because there are a few things I fancy.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 pm, July 27, 2007, Blogger Denise said...

Oh. My. God. That sounds utterly scrumptious. It's the same at our house - only the girls like blue cheese. Dotter and I will have to give that pizza a try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home