Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mail from Thicket....

I love Thicket .... I have bought yarn a couple of times from Corrinne so far, and have been pleasantly surprised by how quickly she turns around orders. Service with a smile all round. I even got Chrissy card with a lovely button on it and a sample of yarn (some of which I also bought next order - excellent marketing chick).


If you feel a little overwhelmed by all the requests for money for the bushfire survivors, how about one knitted square. It's not too hard, and even I have completed one, with a second on the needles. Here's the request verbatim, if you have even a little time, how about it?


"Hello Everyone,

Many of you won't be able to read this immediately as you will be the ones most affected by the recent fire storm tragedies here in Victoria. If that is you, my sincerest thoughts are with you and yours. All strength and courage to you.

To everyone else, a small, informal request. It you felt like it, I have given specifications below for a simple knitted moss stitch square in 8 ply double knitting. To anyone with a spare ball and a few hours, would you like to knit a square and send to me? I will be stitching them into rugs and taking them to families I know who are directly affected by the fires. Some have lost not only their homes and businesses but whole famlies of children and grandchildren. It seemed to me that the kindess of strangers and small acts from their hands may give strength and courage for the journey ahead.

I am more than willing and happy to send a ball of wool to anyone who needs it to make a square and just ask that the colours be those of life and regeneration - greens, blues and the soothing browns of the earth. If you would like to, I would like to add your name (first name only) and where you come from to cards to enclose with the rugs. Please let me know if I can do this on your behalf.

Solidarity Square: On 5mm needles and using any 8 ply (double knitting) wool cast on 39 stitches. Using Moss Stitch ( knit 1 purl 1 knit 1 purl 1 etc all the time, every row) work 21 cm. Cast off. (in Moss Stitch or just knit stitch if you prefer).

Post to PO BOX 518 Mooroolbark 3138 Victoria. I will take photos of the finished rugs and email out before I give them.

Thank you everyone.

Safety and solace,

Corinne at Thicket."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home