Thursday, May 31, 2007

Anyone feeling bad about themselves should check out this link.
See Gemma there are always people worse off than yourself. Buck up missy!

On a brighter note,
You know you are getting older when one of your children's friends buy their first home. (note to self, houses cost sooooo much more these days, glad its not me now in this situation). But seriously when did our kids get old enough to get into this much debt?

Like my mum always said "time flies, blow flies and butterflies".

edited :

my youngest son just rang me and said he had brought me something to cheer me up (because kids always know when you are feeling yukky) and he made me guess. When I did not get it after three tries, he informed me he had bubble wrap, because everyone knows when you feel down that lovely popping of bubbles is just what you need!
Dog, I love kids (even teenage boys)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:20 pm, May 31, 2007, Blogger Denise said...

Oh Gemma, I'm so sorry to hear about all this AH and money crap, doesn't sound even remotely fun at all :( Having no stash to ease the pain just makes it worse. As for the whole 'nothing's different' thing - good grief! Lulu has offered to head butt him for you...

We still haven't bought a house, and have well and truly missed that boat... so we're still just bloody renting into the foreseeable future. I can't see our teens being able to afford to move out of home until they're in their mid-20s. The cost of living in Oz is INSANE, especially if you're on a limited income.

 
At 4:30 pm, May 31, 2007, Blogger gemma said...

Lulu is just the avenging lamb I would want to help me out when all goes pear shaped. Thanks so much for your electronic hugs.

 
At 7:55 am, June 04, 2007, Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Thanks for your comments Gemma, I'm glad you enjoyed ISE4. I've lurked right through your blog and I loved your Argosy and your ISE4 scarf WHAT A BIG KNIT!! That would have taken me FOREVER!! Your spinning looks good - I'm hoping to have a daughter learn to spin soon. But she's not quite coordinated enought yet - maybe when she goes to school. :-) SHaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home