Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hi all

This is a much better day. I have had a good week at work with a gift from a sales rep,



and generally nothing hugely bad happening to any of the patients (always a good week). My dopey brother rang me and told me "a thousand apologies, a thousand apologies, a thousand apologies.... hey Gem that's three thousand apologies, is that enough?" He's a serious dag. Any hoo I told him one was plenty, and I had had a great day hanging out with my third child, having gone for a drive to the NanTien Temple at Wollongong. Life gets too busy sometimes, and between a fretting child and going back to work after his holiday, he thought his wife had called me, and she thought he had and welll you know .....

So I have joined the Tour de France knit along. I am in a polka dot jersey (because on the craft front I have a totally challenging project (Ravelry link) which I want encouragement with).



It will be knitted in Wollmeise lace weight, colour Dornroschen (sleeping beauty), which is as you can see, many shades of pink/purple/orangey-red. I have a 300gm skein, with approx 1600mts. More than enough so on with the challenge.



" Polka Dot Jersey – also known as King of the Mountains. You are choosing a project that is a challenge for you. You do not have to finish it before the end of the Tour. This category is all about learning something new, perhaps a new technique like entrelac or lace knitting, or maybe you’ve got a UFO that’s been hiding under the bed for way too long and you need a challenge to finish it! "



There are stitches in there I have never heard of ... horizontal stitch, and a very large number of double twists, right and left. We'll see ....

and Finally, because I am such a slow blogger these days a series of lovely gifts received from ISE 6 pal, Kathleen. She went to a huge amount of effort, even to attending one of the Harlot's book signings and getting me a personally autographed book! It was so much more than I had hoped for. The scarf is soft, blue/green in a lovely fisherman's (?) type of rib, made of a Debbie Bliss cashmere/silk. Oh the luxury of it. Sydney has been pretty cold a few days this week, and it has been worn to work, sad, but if I wait till weekends to wear it, no one will get to see it, and wearing it work, at least 10 new people see it a day, and of course I tell them all my friend made it for me. Kathleen, its lovely, so so many thanks.


To top off her parcel of gifts, Kathleen included a hand written letter. There is something so special in receiving a letter, a real letter, not a bill or some junk advertising. I think it was (after the scarf, the book, the soap and the photo of you and Steph) one of my favourite things. Hugs chick.

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe! (nana E)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:32 am, June 15, 2008, Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Wow. That does look like a challenging project. Will be watching your progress!

Lovely package, too. Lucky you.

If you like to write and receive letters instead of just bills, join our Pen Pals group on Ravelry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home