Friday, June 27, 2008



Things I have learned this week.

1. If you have to pull a file apart, a chuppa chup is an excellent tool for holding the pages together.



2. Spinning outside my comfort zone is a good thing. Shiney, coloured fluff makes great yarn!



I am undecided whether to ply this to itself, or add a neutral thread to stabilise the twist. But I love having choices ..... yay and thanks again Kathleen. It's really pretty.



3. Entralac is not as hard as it looks, just time consuming and slightly tedious. But add in Noro sock yarn and you get art. (why yes I may have dropped a stitch, that just makes me human).

Monday will see me drive out of Sydney for five days of R & R, staying at the Thistle Hill Winery at Mudgee! A house almost all to myself, only one of the offspring were able to take advantage of the offer to go away this time round. (Will have to see who's free at Christmas when I have a place at Kiama for a week, right on the beach.)

Will let you all in on a secret, I will be spinning, knitting, reading, wine tasting (the vineyard where we are staying is a certified organic vineyard and produces verrrrrry acceptable wine, know this from past visits, but this is the first time I am staying.) Its a new moon next week, so the night sky, far from city lights should be spectacular, and we are thinking of kidnapping one of the 10inch telescopes from uni, but if not that then Cath's little telescope will be coming along as we are both hardy souls, with much wooly goodness to smother ourselves in, so there will also be observing. Bliss!!!

Have a good week all, and be kind to one another.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:26 pm, June 27, 2008, Blogger Taphophile said...

5 days of crafting in a winery - how divine. Hope it's everything wonderful and more. :)

 
At 6:49 pm, June 27, 2008, Blogger TinkingBell said...

Oh how wonderful that sounds - but remember - no lace after the second glass!

 
At 10:37 pm, June 27, 2008, Blogger Kathleen said...

That looks BEAUTIFUL! I so wish I knew enough at the time to get you more!!

Enjoy!

 
At 10:13 am, July 02, 2008, Blogger Denise said...

Oh, I hope you have a truly wonderful time!! Your entrelac scarf is gorgeous enough to tempt me into trying this technique :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home