Thursday, June 07, 2007

Apart from the fact that blogger hates me, (because it eats my posts and says some wild and funky error number has happened), here are photos of my lovely gift from Karen my ISE4 partner.

First of all the post card showing her part of the world, mmmm sunny California,
and so many pressies. squee!


I felt all the presents, and opened the softest first. Karen you made me cry, its really soft, beautifully coloured, and perfectly knitted.



Then with my youngest documenting it all for posterity, here are the lovely bundle of goodies. (Even though we have never met Karen, you know me so well - not only a key ring, but a quirky one), a pouch so when I walk down the street knitting, the wool will only roll around in a small bag, so much better than a plastic baggy, a sheep tape measure - hide from kids, and most useful gift stitch markers. For some reason I don't have any and often use little loops of yarn. Karen thank you for the thoughtful, lovely presents, and the perfect scarf. With my white/grey hair its such a flattering colour, and tomorrow the temperature in sunny Sydney is going to be 9 degrees where I live in the west (maximum temp - somewhere around 40 or so F).




This really was a fun thing to do, and next time it comes around, I will sign up again. Hugs to all the hostesses, but most for the hostess with the mostest!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:54 pm, June 07, 2007, Blogger KarenS said...

Great photos! My thanks to your son for documenting everything so nicely. The purple does look nice with your lovely, silvery hair ;) I hope it wasn't too cold today!

 
At 11:25 pm, June 07, 2007, Blogger Mathgirl said...

What a beautiful scarf! And adorable tape measure too :) Sorry your kids made you wait. I wasted absolutely no time in tearing my package open the second the post man brought it, lol

 
At 7:43 pm, June 08, 2007, Blogger Denise said...

Beautiful scarf, and a lovely collection of knitting goodness there! I love the sheep tape measure :D

Hope you can stay warm tomorrow, and that you weathered the storms today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home