Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Flowers


Flowers
Originally uploaded by Gemma_Anne
My baby brother sent me a bunch of flowers! Of course it made me cry, mostly because nestled in the bunch were a few "nana" flowers (Gerbras). Every year nana would lift the gerbras and split them, so that next year there would be more. These days the colours available are quite exotic, but back then they were a summery, burnt orange, yellow, pale pink and a washy red. They smelt funny but she loved them, and now in retrospect it seems like a ritual (although I'm sure she did not even do it every year, it just seems that way so far in the foggy past).

1 Comments:

At 7:04 pm, November 14, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog with nice picture of flower on your blog that is appreciated. Wish if I could Smelt the flowers that you have received. Cheers :) Iflorist.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home