Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 27 (shhhh, I'm posting from work)

It's been a busy and expensive week so far. The fax machine, which was well used when I first came here 9 years ago, has run out of toner. Not so bad you say, but you missed the 9 year (plus whatever came before). Turns out the machine is 14 years old and by today's standards is considered a dinosaur. No more replacement parts are available, which means a perfectly functioning machine has had to be recycled because the manufacturer does not produce the consumables any more. They can't be replicated by the cartridge people next door either. I have coffee every morning with the techie, and he just laughed at me when I brought in the bits to be refilled. No way he said between laughs! Bugger. So now we have a bright shiney new fax, which will wear out in no time at all I betcha.

In other news I won a prize in the Ravelry Socks from the Toe Up KAL, which arrived yesterday. 2 Skeins of Louet Gem sock yarn, pale mossy green colour, with a bottle of soak. It's a very long time since I have won anything, so this was very exciting, but since it was the August prize it was spread out excitement.

I think I might leave work early, since I have to be back early to speak to a Barrister tomorrow.

Another exciting installment to follow then .......

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home