Monday, August 20, 2007


Hello Interweb,

Its just me Gemma, back at the right computer, and so much faster.
Eventually I went back to sleep on Saturday night/Sunday morning, and woke refreshed and ready to tackle the world and its it mystery .....

I even finished my monkey socks and am wearing them to work today. I have no idea if I told but I work in psychiatry, so the mad monkey socks of not quite the same colourway are perfect, they spin the patients out, and I have had quite a few giggle at my feet today, which is always preferable to depressed patients. If I can lighten their day for a little while, my job is done ....

what do you think, matching, not identical, hand painted yarn, not so different in the ball as in the socks, but whatever, I've always been known as "quirky Gemma"

Please excuse and ignore the white legs, like all good girls, no more sun tanning for me, its sunscreen and long pants/sleeves whenever possible, and now the legacy of a misspent you is coming back to bit me with a couple of BCC's on my face which require treatment. Ah the joys of life in the sun, still I would not have changed a thing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:44 pm, August 20, 2007, Blogger Denise said...

Wunnerful socks Gemma! It's always good to brighten people's days, and wearing amazing handknit socks in slightly different colours is just the ticket!

Hope your skin cancers are easily treatable - ouch :( I cover up all the time too, and wear sun screen even in the winter.

 
At 3:36 pm, September 03, 2007, Blogger Amy Lane said...

That's funny...my own monkey socks are approximately that many shades off each other... I'm still giving them to someone else...my feet are too big for socks:-) And definitely thinking good thoughts on the medical front...often it's worrying about the big ugly word that's the hardest part...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home