Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Please someone put me out of my misery.
We do a fair bit of legal work in this practice, and so we are always being served with subpoena's, to produce, to give evidence. Well today this spiv got out of the lift and headed towards our door, sheef of documents in hand. So, I was about to leave for the daily shopping, but I called out to the doc to come and accept the subpoena from the "process server" since I was running away.

Oh FSM, imaging my shock/horror when I realised it was one of Sydneys top barristers on his day off dropping stuff off in person, not a subpoena, but real documents. I mean these guys should wear suits, not jeans and sweaters. Worse and worse, he's a friend of the doctors in real life, so gets greeted with a hug and both of them in hysterical laughter over the whole process server thing. But it gets worse.

When I get back from the shops, on the phone is a lawyer, who is so busy laughing at my whole greet the stranger at the door manner, and he knows the whole story. The bloody law fraternity gossip like teenagers, that's all I can say. I have a bad feeling I will hear about this for a long time to come.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:20 pm, September 05, 2007, Blogger Denise said...

Well honestly, how were you to know? A bit mean of them to be making fun at your expense :/

I LOVE your "Oh FSM" exclamation - I'm presuming it's the Flying Spaghetti Monster? LOVE it. I'm going to start using that too, if you don't mind - as an atheist I have objections to 'Oh God"!

 
At 1:30 pm, September 07, 2007, Blogger TinkingBell said...

Great story - I once asked the ex-premier of tasmania his name if that's any help?

 
At 7:19 pm, September 07, 2007, Blogger My Five Sons said...

LOL is your face still red?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home