Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 10 - Excursion

I have had a lovely day. Early this morning Kerry and her husband David came by my place and picked me up for a trip to the Southern Highlands of NSW to Exeter for the tea cosy competition. We had not entered a cosy, but we wanted to scope out the designs priming ourselves for Morpheth next year. On the way we stopped at the Salvos store on Milperra Road, where I picked up a set of cuisinaire rods, some wooden sewing thread reels, and a couple of books. That was great fun.

Next stop was Wool Addiction in Bowral, for a little stash enhancement, but to be fair, it was a very little bit, and it was to enable me to use the last of some Annie Blatt mohair my daughter gave me for my birthday a couple of years ago now.

Finally on to the CWA at Exeter Community Hall for the exhibition/competition. Some of the cosies were lovely with so much work in them, and some were quite simple. We thoroughly enjoyed looking and touching, since no one seemed to mind if we picked them up to have a better look. On the way out we discovered we could fill a plastic bag (medium sized like you get at the fruit market) with all the yarn we could cram in for $5. Kerry and I went through the offerings with a fine tooth comb, and came away with a whole of good quality wool, 3/4/5 and 8ply (some still with labels of Bluebell, Totem,Jet(which we left), Shepperd baby wool). We had a country lunch and then scones,jam and cream + tea to finish. Yummmmm, it just got better and better. Unfortunately there was no tomato relish to buy, but I got a jar of lemon curd which looks great.

On the way home we stopped at Bowral Uniting Church, which had a very small fete thing happening, and at last I was able to get the country tomato relish I had been longing for. As a bonus there was also a luscious deep purple plum jam which I could not leave behind. I got a lot of knitting done, thanks to the fact that for the first time in 4 years I was chauffered on a long trip, and it was rather blissful to just relax, sing along to the CD, and knit. Many thanks David and Kerry, you are very good company and I had a lovely time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home